Do you have a passion for motorcycles? Would you love to work in a closely-knit family-style environment? Well, you’ll love working here! Privateers Harley-Davidson is an authorized dealer of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and products. We currently have an opening in our Service Department for a Junior Service Writer.
We are looking for someone who loves this living and lifestyle (because we do!)
The primary duties of this position include:
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Work directly with “walk-in and telephone” customers to help determine and supply them with parts and accessories.
• Develop and share knowledge of all P&A merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
• Interfacing as needed with the Service Department and ensure their P&A needs are being met.
• Taking/filling orders, assisting technicians in determining parts and accessories required for individual jobs.
• Responsible for inventory control.
• Invoicing parts on service repair orders and invoicing and accepting payments from our retail counter.
• Handle phone transactions quickly and courteously.
• Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
• Accept cash and credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep the cash register accurate.
• Demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
• Maintain updated customer mailing lists.
• Complete training, as required.
• Valid Motorcycle License
• Valid Driver’s License
• Friendly, outgoing personality.
• Knowledge and experience with Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Experience with Point-of-Sale and computerized inventory systems considered an asset.
• Knowledge of motorcycle front end, suspension, and engine components and the commitment to continually develop knowledge.
• Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalog.
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
If you are not afraid to work hard and play hard and want a career that offers a competitive salary, benefits package and company pension plan in an enthusiastic work environment, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.