At Privateers Harley-Davidson® we’re united by a passion for riding, and we’re as crazy about motorcycles as you are. We love riding the Harley-Davidson® motorcycles we sell, and we love the people that own and ride them.
Our continuous growth has created tremendous job opportunities, as well as room for our current employees to grow within our organization. In addition to a fast-paced, exciting environment that rewards the entrepreneurial spirit, we offer excellent pay plans, benefits packages for full-time employees, professional training and development, and lots of good times with great people!
Interested? Then tell us about yourself, we would love to get to know you.
And check out our current job opportunities above!
Do you have a passion for motorcycles? Would you love to work in a closely-knit family-style environment? Well, you’ll love working here! Privateers Harley-Davidson is an authorized dealer of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and products. We currently have an opening in our Service Department for a Service Writer.
We are looking for someone who loves this living and lifestyle (because we do!)
The primary duties of this position include:
Provide exceptional customer service.
- Greet customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Work directly with “walk-in, telephone, and online” customers to determine and meet their Service Dept requirements.
- Call customers throughout day to approve work, update service and schedule pickup, delivery times
- Ensure Service orders are complete, correct and customer is informed of bill prior to customer pick up
- Handle phone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Accept cash and credit card payments for Service. Keep cash register accurate.
- Using Privateers scheduler, schedule service appointments, pickups, and deliveries of motorcycles for customers.
- With input from Service Manager ensure technicians are booked and scheduled for all work, work is completed timely, and next scheduled job is ready
- Load and unload bikes brought in to service via Recovery Truck
- Move motorcyles in and out of staging area and Service bays.
- Assist customers loading and unloading bikes from trucks, trailers, and on/off lift
- Assist with moving, washing, and storage of bikes
- Operate forklift
- Crate and uncrate units. Inspect new units for damage
- Responsible for Winter Storage Program (maintaining space, battery charging, scheduling)
- Demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Complete training, as required.
- If required complete training to obtain NS motorcycle license.
Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Motorcycle licence is an asset
- Experience with Point-of-Sale, computerized inventory systems, and scheduling software considered an asset.
- Knowledge of motorcycle components an asset. The commitment to continually develop this knowledge a requirement
Work With Us (Located at bottom of job posting)
You'll love working here! Hickman Automotive Group has been a leading business for over 110 years and we're now well over 450 employees strong. But we're not resting on our laurels-we're continually growing, evolving and innovating. You'll find us as dedicated to our employees as we are to our customers. We offer plenty of training programs as well as opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership. Best of all, you'll get to do the work you love, surrounded by others who bring the same passion and excellence to their work as you do.
If you want a career that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a positive and enthusiastic work environment, submit your cover letter and resume, on or before February 19, 2021.
Hickman Automotive Group is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to get in touch with us. Please fill out your details below.